AfrikaRudi is entering into the lobby space as a stand-alone organisation very much cognisant of the role that other organisations, institutions, and boards are playing. In that respect, we are opening our arms and minds to strong collaborative initiatives in areas of common interest and with organisations of shared value systems.
Our operational philosophy is guided by our values, uncompromising vision and our aspirations of self-sustenance.
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES OF AFRIKA RUDI
The principal objectives of Afrika Rudi shall be one of encouraging afrikan values and humanity, cultural relations among Afrikans with a view of strengthening Afrikan unity. This, it is hoped, will in turn help to assert the dignity of the Afrikan people and their popular cultural foundations. The other objectives would also include:
- The encouragement, promotion and preservation of the Afrikan indigenous languages;
- Liberating the Afrikan people from socio-cultural conditions which impede their development in order to recreate and maintain the sense and will for progress, the sense and will for development;
- The combating and elimination of all forms of alienation and cultural suppression and oppression everywhere in Afrika;
- The promotion of popular African knowledge of science and technology in each country
- The development of all dynamic values in the Afrikan cultural heritage and rejection of any element which is an impediment to Afrikan progress;
- The encouragement of international cultural co-operation for a better understanding among Afrikan people within which Afrika will make its original and appropriate contribution to human culture.
AFRIKAN SOCIAL GOVERNANCE
Our interest is in helping to uphold and foster Afrikan values, humanity and cultural (Ubuntu-ism) model of Afrikan community and household relations governance through our chosen programmes.
COMMON AFRIKAN LANGUAGE
The Advocacy and promotion for one Afrikan language for easy communication in the Afrikan continent and diaspora is an integral way of building a common means of communication and sharing information.
ETHICAL AND SUSTAINABLE ENTREPRENEURSHIP
We believe that sustainable and effective entrepreneurship in the continent will come about as a result of the promotion of Afrikan entrepreneurs’ network. The deliberate and focussed programmes of women and youth empowerment would also add to the future development of an equitable and ethical continent.
AFRIKAN INDIGENOUS FOOD
We will work strongly in the instigating and promoting healthy eating of Afrikan indigenous food and the promotion of its value chain creation in different Afrikan Charters.
- Educational Programmes
- People to People Diplomacy
- Cultural Exchange/Collaboration Programmes
- Sustainable Entrepreneurship
- Social Cohesion Programmes
- Youth Leadership Programmes
- Indigenous Knowledge Systems Promotion
- Broadcasting and Film Initiatives
- Value Creation Competitions Celebration of Afrikan Arts and Culture
The broad vision of AfrikaRudi is a consolidation of progressive black thought, which provides a platform to significantly contribute towards the process of advancing the Afrikan cause and strengthening solidarity between Afrika and her people on the continent and the Diaspora.
Our hope is that through this Afrikan and humanity conscious organisation, Afrikan can re-affirm their identity and remind each other that they’re worthy of celebration, because it is in Afrika were the most progressive values and humanity forces can still be found.
The quote below captures the spirit on which the project’s vision is built:
In order to achieve real action, you must yourself be a living part of Afrika and her thought; you must be an element of that popular energy which is entirely called forth for the freeing, the progress and happiness of Afrika. There is no place outside that fight for the artist or for the intellectual who is not himself (or herself) concerned with and completely at one with the people in the great battle of Afrika and of the suffering humanity
– Sékou Touré, first President of Guinea
We are a registered Non Profit Company in South Africa. Our registration number is 2018/466516/08